Wednesday, April 26, 2006

I Love Tournaments!


Throw them crazy chips, baby!

It is my quest to make tournaments something more than they currently are. In marketer-speak, a better "Experience". I've been working on this for nearly a year now and I'm not really any closer than I was when I started. Are game tournaments as good as they can be? Are they as fun as they can be? Clearly not. There's waiting, there's organizational goofs, there's venue issues, and, let's be honest, there are sometimes jerks you have to play against. Heck, some conventions don't even let you have snacks and drinks in the tournament area! Who's great idea is that?

Can all these issues be solved? Yes. Tournaments can be better. I'd like Clout tournaments to push the envelope in fun. How? Still working on it.

What I do like to see is people having fun with tournaments right now. Nothing says fun like smiling faces (or that twisted up face when you're really thinking!) Thanks to Doug Montey for these great pictures from Matt's Passtimes in Kearney, NE.

Those white chips are 'terrain' chips that Doug developed. You'd need to ask him (on the forums) for details, but in general they're thrown at the beginning of the game apply to everyone equally.

















No comments: